Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Recipe Wednesdays: Comfort Food




This Sunday I was making my meals for the week and I made one of my favorite dishes that is totaly comfort food for me - Skillet!!! Skillet was something that we ate all the time growing up. I don't know if my mom just made it up or if she got the recipe from someone but I have very fond memories of skillet night (my brother and sister might feel differently!)

Here is the recipe:
1 lb. ground turkey
1 onion
1 box of frozen peas
1 box of beef rice a roni

Chop up the onions and cook them with the ground turkey. Drain the fat from the ground turkey. Add the margarine/butter and the rice to the pan and brown the rice. Add the water, seasoning packet, ground turkey, peas & onions to the rice and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

On a cold day I find a piping hot dish straight out of the pan extra yummy! The great thing about this meal is that it heats up in the microwave well so it's great to have for lunch for the week.


The drink in the background is my new concoction - 1/2 seltzer water and 1/2 grape juice - yum!


Post in Comments:


What is your favorite comfort food?

No comments: