Thursday, March 26, 2009

Entertainment Thursday: I Love You, Man



Thursday night I went out to Astoria to have dinner and catch a movie with my good friend Jen. She made a delicious dinner of stuffed shells (a variation that I had never had...but may have to try in the near future!) and we shared some wine and then headed over to the movie theater to watch I Love You, Man.

The premise is that Paul Rudd's character, who just proposed to the girl of his dream, his girlfriend, realizes that he doesn't have any close guy friends. When he realizes that his future wife is concerned that she's going to have 7+ bridesmaids and he won't have any groomsmen he sets out on a series of "man dates" to find a Best Man.

Enter Jason Segel, as Sydney Fife, a fun loving guys guy that Paul Rudd's character, Peter Flaven, hits it off with. As they bond over their love of the band RUSH, and start spending all of their time together, Peter's fiance, Zoe doesn't appreciate their new formed friendship.

I'll be honest, I don't watch How I Met Your Mother (HIMYM), and I know I should start, but the few times I've seen it Jason Segel seems really young to me (in real life he's a year younger than myself). In this movie however he seemed much older and it took me about half the movie to reconcile that in my head. There were plenty of laugh out loud moments, and plenty of awkward Peter Klaven moments where you just were cringing in your seat embarrased for him! It was definitely a feel good movie, that goes exactly where you think it's going to go and then brings it back to finish exactly how you want it to finish.

I would say that it's a definite rental - 3 stars!

No comments: