Sunday, March 1, 2009

Changing the Blog Format...

Many of you (hahaha - I humor myself to think there are many readers!) may have noticed that I changed the look of the blog. It just felt time for something different. I've been contemplating what direction my blog should move in. It started out as a way to talk about living in NYC and all my NYC experiences and involved to a catch all. I have found that without structure I find it difficult to come up with what to write about and I feel that my blog was kind of all over the place in subject matter.

I have been pondering how to change the format so that I have something to post about everyday thus engaging readers who are checking me out for the first time or those that know and love me and just read because they want to hear my perspective on things or what I've been up to. So here are my thoughts...

I came up with five categories one for each day. They encompass all the things that I love, love to talk about and share so here they are: Monday Bookworms, Tuesday Travels, Recipe Wednesdays, Entertainment Thursdays, Favorite Fridays and Casual Weekends. Each day I'll talk about the corresponding topic. That way I can blog about all of the things that I love (which was essentially what I was doing) in a more structured easy to follow way.

Thoughts on this anyone, anyone???

2 comments:

Ashley said...

This is a great idea, Beth! I definitely feel the same way - as if I'm just rambling half the time with no real direction. I might have to steal your new structure at some point...

readerbean said...

Thanks I'm glad you like it - it definitely makes it easier to stay on top of my posts and it makes it easier to come up with ideas of what I want to write about. I already have so many brewing that I'm excited to share...