Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Bookworms: Top 10 (err...11)


Yesterday I wrote about changes to the blog this week I'm going to test out my new structure and see how it goes. Well Monday is Monday Bookworms so it's all about books...ahhh...how I love books! I'm going to use these posts to post reviews, recommend book websites or blogs, or just talk at random about the greatness of reading!

I decided to start out with the much dreaded question that big readers get: "What's your Top 10 books of all time?" How to begin to answer that, especially off the top of your head. Yet as a reader, I love hearing people's answers. One, because it gives you a sense of what kind of reader they are and two, you may get great recommendations out of it, assuming you do not share similar tastes.

Recently a friend of mine asked me for my Top 10 and after combing my goodreads.com list I came up with the following 10 (err...11) and they are listed in no particular order:

1 – Time Traveler's Wife, Audrey Niffenegger
2 – The Autobiography of Henry the VIII, Margaret George
3 – Here Be Dragons, Falls the Shadow & The Reckoning, Sharon Kay Penman
4 – The Alienist, Caleb Carr
5 – In Cold Blood, Truman Capote
6 – The Eight, Katherine Neville
7 – The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
8 – Gone with the Wind, Margaret Mitchell
9 – A Walk in the Woods, Bill Bryson
10 – Trinity, Leon Uris
11 – The Historian, Elizabeth Kostova

I feel this list encompasses all my reading passions: historical fiction, a good mystery, great classic literature and the occasional laugh.

Post in the Comments:
You knew this was coming...What's your Top 10 or 5 or just Top 1 (if you can narrow it down that much)?
and/or
Have you read any of the books on my Top 10 (err...11) and if so would they end up in your Top 10?

No comments: