Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Wii = Weeeee!

After all my excitement at Coney Island on Saturday, I spent a fun leisurely afternoon visiting with my brother and his girlfriend on Sunday. They had just purchased the new Wii Nintendo system and just like in the good ol' days when we were kids my brother invited me over to play!
I had never played Wii before so I was excited and curious to see how it was going to work. They don't have very many games: tennis, bowling, golf, baseball and boxing are part of a program that comes with Wii when you purchase it. Aside from that they purchased a game called Medal of Honor - it's a WWII military game.

We started with tennis and while it took me a little while to figure out how to work it (my character was a little spastic!) I did later discover the "super serve!" We played every game except for boxing and it was such a great time! It really is a workout - in the middle of our baseball game I was literally sweating (as embarrassing as that is!) And on Monday my right shoulder was sore - hehehehe! I would definitely recommend checking it out if you know someone that owns the system.

After that we had lunch at this really cute restaurant called Say Cheese! on the corner of 45th and 9th. All their dishes are types of grilled cheese - fun! I had a delicious chicken, sauteed onion, avocado spread and cheese on sourdough bread - yum! It was a great place to grab a quick and yummy lunch - I would recommend it to those in the NYC area.

All in all it was just great to spend some quality time with my brother and his girlfriend!!!

No comments: