Thursday, August 2, 2007

Books, Books & More Books!

As one of my co-workers recently pointed out I am a book-a-holic! I am constantly talking about books, finding book recommendations, reading up on authors, finding out what's coming out next, etc. My favorite question when I meet someone new or when I'm catching up with an old friend is: What are you reading?

I am currently reading I, Mona Lisa by Jeanne Kalogridis and for whatever reason (maybe it's all the time I have on my hands) felt compelled to google her and learn more about why she wrote this book and what she's currently working on. In turn on her website I learned that she had a blog - as a fellow blogger I thought that was pretty cool. As a confessed historical fiction junkie I thought this blog might point me in the direction of other historical fiction authors I do not already know about or other websites that will provide me with additional information on historical people and places that I read about, I decided to check it out.

Jackpot! On her blog I discovered another blog (I know this is getting ridiculous!) called Blogging for a Good Book that provides a suggestion a day of good reads! It seems like the website was set up pretty recently (April 2007) because their archives are not extensive. Not only can you read about today's recommendation but each recommendation is then put into a category, so if you want you can check out for instance, what historical fiction books they've recommended, or what chicklit they've recommended, etc. What a great reference for readers! Other great references are, amazon.com and goodreads.com both of which I have profiles on. And if you are in a book group or looking to start one I recommend readinggroupguides.com, here you'll be able to find discussion questions for a vast amount of books.

OK, now that I've gotten that out of my system I need to go back to Blogging for a Good Book and see what the recommendations are!

No comments: