Thursday, July 12, 2007

Flying Lawn Chair Adventures

After months of perusing the internet and enjoying other people's blogs and after a couple of weeks of thinking about creating my own blog I finally decided to just bite the bullet and start one.

Why am I starting a blog?

1 - The main reason is because I think blogging is a great way for my friends and family (especially those not living near me) to keep abreast of my oh so interesting life.

2 - I have been told that my writing skills aren't that strong so I figured this would be a great way to practice.

So what will you "my loyal readers" be enjoying on my blog? Good question. A smorgasord of things: book reviews (I'm an extensive reader!), movie reviews (I admit that I am netflix obsessed), and my travel dreams, among other topics!

Today I'm starting out with an article I recently read on cnn.com about Kent Couch, who just last weekend flew 193 miles in his lawn chair! I've been telling everyone I can about this article because it made me laugh so hard for many reasons. One of which being that I could never imagine my husband taking off from our front lawn in a lawn chair with a gazillion helium balloons tied to it and me just waving as if this were a normal mode of commuting. The second reason being a quote in the article about the very first man that flew in his lawn chair back in 1982 (Larry Walters) - "Walters had surprised an airline pilot, who radioed the control tower that he had just passed a guy in a lawn chair. "
Click here to read the whole article!

It is a great example of someone who dreamed big and came close to achieving his goal (his goal was to get to Idaho). Remember anything is possible!

No comments: