Monday, July 23, 2007

Dreamgirls (5 Stars)

OK I know, I know - Dreamgirls, how is it that I made it this long without seeing this movie! Friday night my MIL was in town and I decided that this would be the perfect movie for us to watch. She had just arrived that evening and my DH and I were planning a chill evening of a home cooked meal (I know shocking in NYC!), some wine and a good movie. To my pleasure none of us had seen this movie so it was a first for everyone.

Can I just say - WOW! I need to own this movie! Jennifer Hudson was phenomenal as Effie - now I finally see what all the hype was about. I thought the cast was stellar, the story was great, and the songs - ah, the songs - they were amazing! I was clapping to the beat in my chair, and singing the soundtrack all weekend. I almost didn't want to mail it back to Netflix because I just wanted to watch it again and again. If you like musicals then you'll love this movie (chances are you already love this movie since I'm a little behind in my review!)

Overall: Two Thumbs Up! Rent it if you haven't seen it yet!

No comments: