Monday, July 16, 2007

All the President's Men (4 Stars)

My DH and I recently watched All the President's Men (ATPM), starring Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman.

ATPM is the story of 2 Washington Post reporters who get put on the job of investigating and writing up the story around the Watergate robberies, which led to uncovering the Watergate scandal that got President Nixon impeached.

Redford and Hoffman have a great chemistry
as Washington Post reporters Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein respectively. We enjoyed this movie and felt that it portrayed what it must have been like for those involved in the Watergate scandal. The investigative reporting was interesting, as well as the tactics they used to get people to talk about the information they needed.

Our thoughts: A great informative piece with good acting. Would definitely recommend for people interested in politics.

(A quick shout out to my friend Emily for getting me into Robert Redford. Not that I didn't know who he was or hadn't seen some of his movies before I met her, but she's a big fan and because of her I've watched more of his films recently. I have to say she's right - he's an amazing actor!)

No comments: