Sunday, September 23, 2007

Weekend Fun in NYC: Mario Batali restaurant, a Patriots Bar and San Gennaro!

What a fun weekend we had in NYC! Friday night we scored free tickets to the Rangers vs. Devils pre-season game at Madison Square Garden (MSG) just 2 avenues away from our house (thanks Mike!!!) Neither one of us know that much about hockey but we thought it would be cool to check out. Our seats were just 7 rows behind the Rangers "bench" and I have to say watching hockey up close and personal is a pretty good time. Rangers fans are CRAZY - which also made the game that much more fun. Hockey may be a sport we have to pay more attention to this winter:)

Saturday we got our run in in the morning and then for dinner that night we headed over to Casa Mono, Mario Batali's Spanish tapas restaurant in NYC. The restaurant only seats 25 people at a time, so it is a nice, intimate atmosphere while you're dining. We enjoyed 6 tapas and a nice bottle of wine and I have to say everything was delicious. We tried razor clams for the first time and wow - they are so meaty and flavorful I would definitely try them again. It was a restaurant that I would definitely recommend.

On Sunday we headed over to the Hairy Monk, a well known Boston bar in NYC! They were showing both the Pats game and the Red Sox game - boo-yah! It's small but was filled with Boston fans and was definitely a good time. I have a feeling we'll be spending a lot of time there this fall;)

We topped the weekend off with the oldest and largest Italian festival in Littly Italy - San Gennaro! I've always heard my siblings talking about going to this - so I was excited to finally check it out. It's this crazy street fair with tons of games that you would find on the boardwalk, booths selling shirts and all Italian paraphenalia, Italian sausages, zepoles, and more! The festival attracts more than 3 million people a year and it was a lot of fun to walk around and just people watch. We went with our friends Gary and Tiffany and sipped wine, ate Italian sausages with onions and peppers, and enjoyed zepoles to finish it off - yum!!! (I have pics that I'll try to post later!)

I may not have made it to the grocery store and I didn't finish the laundry - but hey I had a great weekend!!!!

No comments: