Friday, September 21, 2007

My Favorite Things: Pat McGee Band

Back to my favorite things! Thursday Jon and I went to see the Pat McGee Band play at the Bowery Ballroom. We hadn't seen them in over 2 years. This is definitely our favorite band. Jon's friend introduced him to them Freshman year in college and then he introduced me to them Sophmore year and I'm embarrassed to say how many times we've seen them in concert. My dad is under the distinct impression that we must be personal friends with them by now (I hate to burst your bubble dad, but they have no idea who we are and I can say with confidence I know people who see them way more than we do!)

The Bowery Ballroom is a pretty cool venue. The stage area is on the 2nd floor so you can sit on the first floor on plush couches and enjoy a drink or two before you go up to the concert. This was definitely a good thing as we got there at 8PM and they didn't go on stage until 10:30PM! Josh Kelly is co-headlining with them (you may know him as Katherine Heigl's fiance!) and we went up and watched most of his concert and I have to say that it was really fun. Pat McGee was of course awesome - they sounded great and their harmonies were amazing! Unfortunately for them the crowd was lame-o!

We're heading up to Boston this weekend to see them perform again at the Paradise Club on Commonwealth Avenue this Saturday! Woot! Hopefully the crowd will be a little more into the show - they always put on a good show at the Paradise.

If you want to check out some of their music click here and then press play - most of their CDs are on their website for you to listen to, unfortunately for you their latest and greatest is not....:( Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!!!

No comments: