Thursday, April 2, 2009

Entertainment Thursday: Definitely, Maybe

A couple of weeks ago I received a little Netflix red envelope with this delightful movie inside! I had heard good things about Definitely, Maybe so I moved it to the top of my queue. Jon was working late so I was enjoying some "me" time in our apartment and I was in the mood for a good chick-flick.

Definitely, Maybe stars Ryan Reynolds as Will Hayes, a 30-something New Yorker who is getting divorced and trying to explain to his 11-year old daughter what went wrong. She asks him to tell her the story of how he met her mother. He starts at the beginning (the beginning being his graduation from college). Tells the story of his last 3 relationships and lets her guess who her mother is.

It's a sweet story and the casting I thought was just right. It made me realize how much I enjoy Isla Fisher, I wish she was in more movies. She is just so sweet and likeable and enjoyable to watch! Ryan Reynolds, I thought carried this movie well, he was certainly a very likeable guy, although off the top of my head I couldn't tell you one movie I remember him being in...I'll have to look in to that. And Abigail Breslin was perfectly adorable.

This is a definite chick-flick, but one that I think is worth renting and watching!

I give it 4 stars.

Post in Comments:

Have you seen this movie and if so, did you enjoy it?

No comments: