Thursday, June 26, 2008

Family to the Rescue!

So as you all now my husband is incredibly hardworking. The hours he puts in are literally astounding sometimes and truthfully I don't know how he still stands some days! I'm very good about entertaining myself during these many nights that he's working away and I have to say that one of the best things about being back in the NYC area is that my family is here to keep me company!

This past weekend I had a three day weekend (woo-hoo!) and I was looking at 3 days on my own (quarter end is coming up people...)! So in an effort to try and see as much family as possible (not really...but that's what went down) I got up off my butt and got out there. Here's a breakdown of the weekend.

Friday morning I went out to Brooklyn and met up with my cousin's wife and their little daughter Lucia who is only 8 weeks old (so precious!) We had breakfast out went to the park and then just hung out in their amazing apartment. Friday afternoon I had a few precious hours to myself to just putz around. Then in the evening I met up with my aunt & uncle and my little cousin Chris who is 8 years old. We had dinner at John's Pizzeria, which was delish, then my aunt & uncle went off to see a broadway show and Chris & I ventured out into NYC. It was fun to hang out with a kid and get to do kid stuff. We went to Toy R Us in Times Square and rode the ferris wheel (he was none to pleased that we ended up in the Barbie car...oh well!) then it was on to ESPN Zone for some serious gaming. After about 2 hours there we went back to my apartment to watch baseball until his parents came to get him. I rarely get one-on-one time with Chris so this was such a treat!

Saturday my sister & her fiance and I went down to the Jersey Shore - yeah baby!!! The AVP Beach Volleyball tour was rolling through and I was so excited to see some action. If you remember Jon & I went last year out to Coney Island to watch and we had such a great time that I convinced my sis & Josh that they should check it out with me this year. We had such a great day at the beach. It was so nice to be outside all day, by the water, and just watching sports. The only bummer though was that that Top 3 women's and men's teams were at some Olympic Qualifier or something so we didn't get to see them play - but it was cool because I got to see some other players I might not have focused on as much but who are still wicked good.

After a day of volleyball & sun we went to my aunt & uncle's house down at the shore for dinner. It was so great to see them at a non-holiday outing! They cooked up an amazing meal and we sat around and chatted until pretty late and then it was time to drive back to the city.

Sunday the whole fam went out to Westchester for a little engagement party for my sister & Josh!

All in all it was crazy how much family I saw in three days but at the same time it was so great and I am very thankful that I'm surrounded by such wonderful peeps!!!

No comments: