Friday, February 6, 2009

Favorite Things Friday - The Chrysler Building


I'm going to bring back the short lived "Favorite Things Friday" because I love sharing with people my favorite things but also becasue it gives me the opportunity to look around me and appreciate things in my everyday life.


So to start I'm honoring my favorite building in New York City - The Chrysler building. We have a special bond (or as special a bond as you can have with a building!) When we first moved here I read this book called, Higher: A Historic Race to the Sky and the Making of a City by Neal Bascomb. The book is about the building of 40 Wall Street and The Chrysler building as well as The Empire State Building. It was a really fascinating book to read and it gave me a new appreciate for the New York Skyline.


There is just something about this building.... We are south of the Chrysler Building and whenever I go to the grocery store I have to cross Lexington Avenue. For whatever reason I always get stopped at Lexington Avenue. So everytime I go to the grocery store I spend a couple of minutes looking up at this beautiful building enveloped in all different kinds of light.


One of the greatest things about New York City is the way the light reflects off of all the different buildings. My favorite time of day in NYC is dusk, when you look out your window or down a wide avenue and it's not quiet still daytime but not quiet yet dark. The light at that time is amazing and the way it hugs the buildings - nothing could be more beautiful.


So next time you're in NYC take a few minutes to look more closely at The Chrysler Building - you will not be disappointed.
What's your favorite building wherever you live?






No comments: